Monday, December 11, 2006

progress

I am still doing a lot of work for the project, just haven't had time to sit down and list it all given finals. For San Suu Kyi I have 3 quotes that stand out for me:

"Free men are the oppressed who go on trying"

"The quintessential revolution is that of the spirit"

"It is not enough merely to call for freedom, democracy and human rights. There has to be a united determination to persever in the struggle; to make sacrifices in the name of enduring truths; to resist the corrupting influences of desire, ill will, ignorance and fear."

I plan on writing an actual report on why I have chosen these quotes out of others after finals (the 18th) for many of the women.

I have great Margaret Mead stuff, and am currently reading "Growing Up in New Guinea" which is insightful in terms of Mead as an individual and woman, and also a revered anthropologist.

the Sunday meeting works for me

1 comment:

Mireille Miller said...

Thanks Julia for your posting. I understand that you are all swamped with work right now, just stay connected so that I know what is going on.
Please check my post to see the time and place of the meeting this coming Sunday and confirm if you can attend. I hope you will be there.
See you then,
Mireille