Sunday, January 21, 2007

Eleanor Roosevelt

I've been looking through a ton of Eleanor Roosevelt quotes (they are very easily available from multiple sources), and given her attitude toward life, which I believe she demonstrated in her private and public lives, I have narrowed it down to these three:

"A woman is like a tea bag -- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water."

"I could not at any age be content to take my place in a corner by the fireside and simply look on."

"The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences."

All three of them demonstrate her commitment to living a full life, her love for knowledge and the force with which she fearlessly exerted in her political projects.

No comments: