Monday, November 20, 2006

As far as my progress is concerned: I've narrowed down my
focus of women to Mother Teresa, Billie Holiday, and Josephine
Baker. As I continue to progress, I may add more. I've ordered
Josephine, The Hungry Heart, so once that arrives I will take a
close look at some of her influential words/quotes. I'm currently talking
to a professor in Jazz Studies regarding my focus on Billie Holiday.
He has recommended some great books/articles/personal stories, and I'm currently looking at
'The Many Faces of Lady Day'. I plan on scheduling another meeting
with him to gather his resources on Josephine Baker. I have also
spoken with my local parish priest (I'm Catholic) regarding the
life of Mother Teresa. We are currently discussing some of the many
resources to find Mother Teresa's best words. I also plan on looking at a
general reference book entitled 'Quotable Women of the Twentieth
Century'--this ought to serve as a helpful resource.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving :)

No comments: